How to get a visa to Vietnam
Before applying fo a Vietnam visa, please check if you are not in the list of visa exemption nations and require a visa to travel to Vietnam, please be sure to apply the visa type that corresponds to your purpose of visit.
If you plan for your vacation, please apply for a Tourist visa, it can be single entry or multiple entry, and valid form 1 to 3 month stay in the country.
If you come to Vietnam for looking for an investment or Business cooperation, you should apply for a Business visa, it can be also single entry or multiple entry but the length of stay can vary from 1 to 12 months.
Please also make sure that your passport is still valid for six months beyond your planned stay, and you must have at least one blank visa page.
You officially have 3 methods to get a visa to Vietnam
Vietnam e-visa granted through electronic transaction system are single-entry visas with validity of 30 days. Fee for e-visa is USD 25.
Outside Vietnam foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for Evisa or through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
Vietnam e-visa fee is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
Now, citizens from 81 countries (including the United States, Canada, and European Union) can apply online for an e-visa.
Procedures for Vietnam e-visa:
- Accessing the website https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn to fill in the declaration form.
- Receiving a code for his/her dossier and paying visa fee at the website.
- Within 3 working days since the full receipt of information and fee, the Immigration Department (Ministry of Public Security) replies the Evisa applicants at the website.
- The Vietnam Evisa applicants use granted code to check the result and print out their Evisa Vietnam.
With an E-visa, you can enter Vietnam at any border international gate, by Air, by sea or on Land.
Visa on arrival (Called VOA)
Visa on arrival is the most common way to get visa to Vietnam, people apply for an Vietnam visa approval before their flight to Vietnam then get visa stamp onto their original passport upon arrival airport in Vietnam.
By this option, people can get Tourist visa or business visa with length of stay from 1 – 3 month, even 6 month (Business visa) and the time of entry / exit can be single or multiple during their approval stay.
Procedures for Visa on arrival:
- Send the request to a third-party service as Vietnam Visa Box
- Pay the service fee for getting Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Receive Vietnam visa approval letter via email within normally 2 working days (Tourist visa), or 4 – 7 working days (Business visa) since the full receipt of payment and fee, you will received Vietnam visa approval letter via email address.
- Print it out and bring it along with visa stamping fee, 1 photo, original passport to get visa stamp upon arrival airport in Vietnam.
Visa at Vietnam embassy / Consulate oversea
People get their visa through a Vietnam Embassy or Consulate office in their country of residence or in their travel country before entering Vietnam.
The form and the fee can vary by country, so please check directly the Vietnamese embassy or consulate to which you are applying.
In person, the process usually takes 7-10 working days, and by mail, the process usually takes 2-3 weeks, depending on the service you use, although times can vary considerably by embassy or consulate.
If you are mailing, please note that you need to make arrangements to have your passport with visa returned to you.
Procedures to apply Vietnam visa at Embassy / Consulate oversea
- Application form: You can complete the form online (https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/_layouts/registration/ApplicationForm.aspx) or download the PDF file and fill it out.
- Original passport: Must be valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry: If you request a loose-leaf visa, a copy of your passport is sufficient.
- 01 passport-sized photo with no glass wears. 01 additional photo is needed in case you apply for a loose-leaf visa.
- Visa fees: Must be money order, or cashier’s check, or company check. Cash is accepted if you send in your application in person. The fee will depend on the type of visa you are applying for.
- Mail Service: Prepaid self-addressed return envelope is required if you want to have the passport returned by post (FedEx and USPS is recommended).
Should you need further assistance or need more information for Vietnam visa, please feel free to get in touch with us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile +84904479239, Whatapps https://wa.me/+84904479239 . We are always at your service. Welcome and have a nice journey to Vietnam!.