You are foreigner living in Vietnam, then a Temporary Residence Card is necessary. It help you save time and money during your stay here in Vietnam.
- Help you enter / exit Vietnam multiple time according to the work needs within the duration of the card
- Help you process visa application as working visa
- Help you stay and do visa extension without leaving the country
Here below is how you can get Vietnam Temporary Residence Card (TRC)
Step 1: The declarant receives information of` the foreigner’s temporary residence.
Step 2: To declare and submit the temporary residence declaration form to public security agencies of communes, wards or township or police station in localities (hereinafter referred to as the commune-level police) where such accommodation establishments are located (declared information on foreigners’ temporary residence can be sent to commune-level police via fax or by telephone in advance).
The officer on duty at the commune-level police station receives dossiers to check the eligibility and declared information:
If the declaration form is appropriately completed, it shall be imported and certified according to regulations;
If the declaration form is not sufficient, declarant is required to amend and supplement the form.
Step 3: The temporary residence declarant shall immediately receive back the temporary residence declaration form certified by the officer on duty of the commune-level police station.
– Application submission: To submit the declared form directly in person at the commune-level police station.
– Composition, number of dossiers:
+ A dossier comprises 01 declaration form of temporary residence for foreigners (form NA17).
+ Number of dossiers: 01 (one).
– Processing time: 24 hours/07 days.
– Subjects of administrative procedures:
Temporary residence declarants prescribed in Article 3, Circular No. 53/2016/TT-BCA dated December 28th, 2016 of the Minister of Public Security on declaring and receiving temporary residence information of foreigners in Vietnam.
– Competent Authorities: Commune-level police
– Results of administrative procedures: The temporary residence declaration form is certified by the police and the declared temporary residence information is recorded in the watch book of the commune-level police station.
– Fees (if any): Free.
– Name of application form (if any): Declaration Form for foreigners’ temporary residence (Form NA17 issued together with Circular No. 04/2015 / TT-BCA of the Ministry of Public Security, dated January 5th, 2015).
Requirements and conditions for administrative procedures (if any):
The temporary residence declarant shall submit such declarations within 12 hours or within 24 hours for remote and isolated areas, after the foreigners arrive to register their temporary residence.
– Legal basis of administrative procedures:
+ Law on Foreigners’ Entry into, Exit from, Transit through, and Residence in Vietnam (Law No. 47/2014/QH13, dated June 16th, 2014).
+ Circular No. 53/2016 / TT-BCA of the Ministry of Public Security dated December 28th, 2016 regulating how to declare and receive information of foreigners’ temporary residence in Vietnam.
+ Circular No. 04/2015 / TT-BCA of the Ministry of Public Security, dated January 5th, 2015, stipulating forms of papers related Foreigners’ Entry into, Exit from, Transit through, and Residence in Vietnam./.
Read more: Vietnam Immigration
Knowing that TRC card is issued for investor, shareholder, foreigner granted Vietnam work permit, and accompanying relatives (including father, mother, wife, husband, and children under 18) of the TRC owner. If you are looking for a “long-term relationship” with Vietnam, TRC is absolutely the best choice.
If you just need a Vietnam visa, or need any information, please contact or leave your comment below.