Hello & welcome to our post Vietnam visa for Indians
Indian citizens are REQUIRED to apply for valid visas to enter Vietnam for tourism and business purposes and meet the entry requirements:
• Indian Passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond arrival date.
• Passport has 2 blank pages for visa stamp.
Type of Vietnam visa
There are two criteria to categorize the Vietnam visa:
• Purpose of visit, and
• Validity & number of entry
Vietnam Visa Types by Purpose of Visit
According to the new immigration regulations that took effect in July 1, 2020 (Law No. 51/2019/QH14), Vietnam visa is classified into about 21 main types by the purpose of visit, including 06 popular types of Vietnam visa are:
• Tourist visa (DL)
• Business visa (DN1, DN2)
• Student/internship visa (DH)
• Investor Visa (DT1, DT2, DT3, DT4)
• Working visa (LD1 – LD2)
• Diplomatic visa (NG)
Depending on validity and number of entries, a Vietnam tourist visa can be divided into:
1. 1-month single entry visa;
2. 1-month multiple entry visa;
3. 3 months single entry visa; and
4. 3 months multiple entry visa.
However, according to the new regulations taking effect since July 1, 2020, holders of tourist visas for Vietnam which are valid for more than 30 days are only given a 30-day temporary residence stamp, and they may extend visa in Vietnam if wishes to remain in the country.
How to apply Vietnam visa
There are normally 3 methods to get Vietnam visa for Indians
Vietnamese visa is a kind of travel documents granted by Vietnamese competent authorities, providing permission to travel to and enter Vietnam.
An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry.
Outside Vietnam foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for E-visa or through the inviting/guaranteeing agencies and organizations.
E-visa fee is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused.
Vietnam e-Visa Requirements:
• A passport with six (6) months’ validity
• A photo in .jpg format of your full passport data page
• A passport photo in .jpg format (4×6, white background, without glasses)
• A valid international credit or debit card
• An email address for support purposes
• A temporary address within Vietnam
• Your entry and exit dates and entry and exit points/airports
How to Apply for Vietnam’s e-Visa:
1. Open theVietnam visa official website for Vietnam’s e-Visa Application
2. Upload .jpg images of your passport data page and passport photo
3. Fill up all required info from your passport data page
4. Fill up all required info regarding your trip
5. Pay the e-Visa fee using any of the payment methods offered
6. Receive your registration code and save the number
Vietnam e-Visa is valid for entry at any of 28 international checkpoints within the country, including eight international airports. For the full list of airports, seaports and border crossings where the e-Visa is accepted, please click here.
Upon arrival in Vietnam, submit your passport and your printed e-Visa at the immigration counter.
Visa at Vietnam embassy / Consulate
At a Vietnam Embassy, the Vietnam visa for Indians procedure will take around five days to process. Visa fees will depend on the type of visa for which you are applying. Travelers can get the visa processed at any Vietnam Embassy in any country in order to enter Vietnam for tourism, business, or to visit relatives.
You should send your application and photos to a Vietnamese embassy or consulate abroad, which is most convenient to you. On your requirement, the reply will be returned by post (you must provide stamped envelopes with your name and address).
1 – Indian passport holders could apply Vietnam Visa in India at the Vietnamese Embassy in New Delhi or Consulate General of Vietnam in Mumbai. Submit the followings in person or by mail then obtain visa within a week
1 – Original Passport (valid 06 months)
2 – One completed application form for a Vietnam visa
3 – One passport sized photo of 4×6 cm
4 – Visa fee payable to Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate General of Vietnam
5 – Prepaid self-addressed return envelope, preferably by FedEx or Priority Courier Indian Post with tracking number
Embassy of Vietnam in New Delhi, India
Address: 17, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapur, New Delhi, 110 021, India Phone: +91-11-301-8059 Fax: +91-11-2301 9818 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consulate General of Vietnam in Mumbai, India
Address: Wajeda House, Gulmohat Cross Road No.7, Juhu Scheme, Mumbai, 400 049, India Phone: +91-22-2620-8589 Fax: +91-22-2624-8538 Email: email@example.com
– Indian passport holders could obtain Vietnam visa in a third country at the Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Consulate.
A Vietnam travel agency will help Indian passport holders to get Vietnam Visa Approval Code letter at Vietnam immigration department, then print it out, bring it together with original passports, money, 02 photos (4x6cm) and submit them at Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate to obtain visa stamp within a day
Visa on arrival
In brief, Vietnam visa for Indians visa-on-arrival is a process of obtaining the pre-approved visa letter (visa approval letter) through a travel agency in Vietnam to check in at the departure airport and pick up the actual visa stamp at an international airport in Vietnam upon arrival.
Steps required to apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival:
• Step 1: Apply online for an approval letter, which may take 3-5 working days for standard processing and 8 working hours for urgent processing.
• Step 2: Receive the approval letter by email and print a hard copy. Prepare 2 passport sized photos, your passport (must be valid for at least 6 months at time of entry) and stamping fee of 25 USD (for single entry visa) and 50 USD (for multiple entry visa) in cash.
• Step 3: Present all above mentioned documents to get your visa stamp upon arrival at an international airport in Vietnam (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city, Nha Trang, Hai Phong and Da Nang). That it is!
How much is a Vietnam visa on arrival?
There are generally 2 type of Vietnam Visa fees you have to pay to get Vietnam visa on arrival.
Visa stamping fee – Pay Cash at Vietnam airport
Stamping fee is gouvernment fee collected by Vietnam Immigration authority when you get visa stamp onto your passport at airport in Vietnam. It is fixed and you have to pay in cash in USD or VND,etc, but USD is highly recommended to avoid any unexpected unbalanced exchange rates applied at the airport:
Visa stamping fee for 2020
US$ 25 / pax for 1 month or 3 month single entry visa
US$ 50 / pax for 1 month or 3 month multiples entries visa
Service fee is third-party service fee to process visa approval letter (pre-approved visa). The fee amount is determined by: number of entry, length of stay, purpose of visit, processing time…and also by passport holder.
How long does it take to get a visa to Vietnam?
The normal processing time for Vietnam Visa Online is 2 working days. In urgent cases, you are able to have the visa approval letter within 4 – 8 hours. And in super urgent cases, your visa approval letter will be sent around 30 minutes – 4 hours.