FAQs – Frequently asked questions – Vietnam Visa Box
We have listed below the most frequently asked questions about our airport services rendered. However, if you have any further questions, feel free to contact us. You will receive an answer shortly.
- How to apply visa on arrival?
It is quite easy and simple to get Vietnam visa on arrival. Please kindly follow the below
– Fill out the secure online application form in just a couple of minutes
– Make payment (visa approval fee)
– Receive the visa approval letter via email after 1 or 2 working days & print it out
– On arrival in Vietnam (by air), show the visa approval letter + passport + 2 photos to the Immigration Officers, pay the visa stamping fee, and then your visa will be stamped into your passport
That is it! Now you are free to enter Vietnam!
- What is visa on arrival?
A Vietnam Visa on arrival or Vietnam landing visa is an alternative way to get your visa for Vietnam. The visa will be issued for you at International airports in Vietnam.
It’s the quickest and cheapest way to get your visa to Vietnam. You just need a visa approval letter validated by Vietnam immigration. The letter will entitle you to leave your country without visa and to get one upon your arrival at your destination airport in Vietnam. including Noi Bai airport (Ha Noi city), Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh City city), Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang city), Da Nang airport (Da Nang city), Phu Quoc airport (Phu Quoc Island), Cat Bi airport (Hai Phong city)
- Visa on arrival is legitimate?
Vietnam visa on arrival is legitimate and posted in Vietnam immigration laws at the official website of Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs – so it is endorsed by the Vietnamese Government. Futhermore, having been recognized by the International Air Traffic Associations, Vietnam Visa on arrival is no strange thing in tourism industry. Furthermore, it is stated under Vietnam Immigration laws of Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For your reference, you may read more information about Visa on arrival Vietnam in a National Ordinance No. 24/2000/PL-UBTVQH10 on the 28 April, 2000.The articles explains for a potential Vietnam visa applicant know why a travel agency can assist you to get Vietnam visa approval letter by applying for Visa on arrival Vietnam.
Thus, oversea travelers can stop worrying over legitimacy issues of Vietnam Visa on arrival.
- What is visa approval letter?
Visa approval letter is an official legitimate document granted to passport holders by Vietnam Immigration authority to enter and exit Vietnam for a given period of time and to get visa for Vietnam upon airport on arrival, called Visa on arrival (VOA).
Upon airport in Vietnam, the passport holders need to show this document + passport + 1 photos size passport & pay the stamping fee to the Immigration Officers to get their visa stamped into their passport.
- How long to get Vietnam visa approval letter?
Normally, the visa approval letter is processed and delivered to your email within two (02) working days for Tourist visa and five to seven (05 to 07) working days for Business visa (excluding Saturday, Sunday and National Holidays) after you finished your Vietnam visa application and made payment of service fee. However, Tourist visa can be requested in urgent case and get Vietnam visa approval within 2 or 4 or 8 hours. We’re able support include weekend-holiday.
(*)Note: Landing visa / Visa on arrival counter at Vietnam airport is 24/7 open so if you already have the approval letter, you can still pick up your visa at Vietnam airport on weekend.
- How can i receive delivery of my visa approval letter?
A colored scan of the Vietnam visa approval letter will be sent to your email after it is done for processing, so please make sure that you have provided us with the correct email address.
After receive the Visa approval letter, you should print it out (black and white is OK). You are not allowed to board the airplane without this letter in paper in advance.
- Can i use this visa letter for overland travel?
No, this type of visa is applicable to air travel only and only upon arrival in the international airports in Vietnam (see answer 1 above). Visa approval letter cannot therefore be used for overland travel.
- What are the procedures at Vietnam airport?
Upon arrival at the airport, you will see Visa landing counter. You will come to this place to get the visa into your passport before queuing in line at Passport control to get the stamp and enter Vietnam.
Please remember to bring at least 2 passport-sized photos(04*06cm), 25 USD/person for stamp fee per person (1 month single entry) and 50 USD for the multiple entry, your original passport and the Vietnamese visa application form (information completed already).
You will submit these documents at “Visa Landing counter”, the officers will check and give the visa into your passport.
Please remember to check information in your Visa after you get your passport back.
- Can i travel without visa approval and get the visa when i arrive?
No, you cannot.
In order to board the plane, you must show the approval letter to the airlines. This letter is also compulsory in order for you to get the visa at the Vietnam airport.
Therefore, we recommend that you leave plenty of time to apply for the visa to avoid having to delay or change your flight.
- Do you require a scan of passport?
A scan of your passport is not required for an online visa application. However, if the Immigration office wishes to verify the information you provide, you are required to send them a scan copy of your passport. In such cases, we will notify you by email immediately.
- Do i need to provide exact date of arrival?
No, you don’t need to provide exact date of arrival but your arrival should be on the date of entry stated on the visa approval or after that date. However, please note that you must exit the country before the expiry date stated on the approval letter.
The approval letter can not be amended once it is issued, so in case you wish to arrive earlier than the date stated on the approval letter. You are required to apply for a new letter of approval to update the date of arrival.
- Type of visa: Single entry or multiple entry?
Please consider our advice as below to decide single or multiple entries visa.
– A single entry visa allows you enter/ exit Vietnam only one time in the visa’s valid period. It is also called visa with single use. Once your single entry visa is used, you can not enter again Vietnam with this used visa. You must apply a new one if you wish to come back Vietnam again.
– A multiple entries visa allows you enter / exit Vietnam many times as long as your visa still valid. Your multiple entries visa must be picked at the Vietnam airport in the first entry. Once the multiple etry visa stamp is available on your passport, you can enter or exit Vietnam whenever you want in any Vietnam International airports.
- What is Vietnam visa exemption?
Almost all foreigners are required valid visa to enter Vietnam, but, nationals of certain countries may visit Vietnam without visa for a period of time, hereunder is the list of countries and regions that have visa exemption arrangements with Vietnam.
For a duration under 15 days of stay:
Germany, United Kingdom, France, Italy and Spain, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Belarus, Russia (Federation), South Korea, Japan
For a duration under 14 days of stay: Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar
For a duration under 21 days of stay: Philippines
For a duration under 30 days of stay: Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan (Republic)
For a duration under 90 days of stay: Chile (Republic)
In case of above citizens need to stay longer than their exemption, they should get a visa Vietnam.
British National Oversea (BNO) passport holder is not exempted from visa requirement, thus must have appropriate visas to enter Viet Nam.
For foreigner who enters Viet Nam as unilateral visa-exempted: the entry date must be at least 30 days from the previous exit as unilateral visa-exempted person. Otherwise that person is required to have approprate visa to enter Viet Nam.
- What is the Stamping fee?
Visa stamping fee is the fee you have to pay upon arrival airport to get visa stamp onto your passport when you apply a visa on arrival. This fee is different from Service fee which you have to pay to third-party service as Vietnamvisabox.com to get visa approval letter.
Visa stamping fee is fixed and you can pay by cash in USD or VND or other currency, but USD is highly recommended to avoid any unexpected unbalanced exchange rates.
This fee change by lenth of stay in Vietnam, by time of entry / exit as Single or Multiples as following:
25 USD/person for less than 90 days single entry
50 USD/person from 30 days to less than 90 days multiple entries visa
95 USD/person from 90 days to less than 180 days multiple entries visa
135 USD/person for 1 year multiple entries visa
This fee is compulsory for all foreign people who traveling to Vietnam by Air and getting visa on arrival.
- How do i pay for visa approval letter (Service fee)?
Once we got the request the service from you, we will send you a confirmation along with a Paypal link for payment request, you just follow the link to pay us with or without Paypal account with your Credit card / Debit card. It is secured and safe.
- What can i do if i need urgent visa at weekend or holiday?
You may forget to apply Vietnam visa in advance or by some reasons, need urgently visa at weekend or holiday to fly to Vietnam. Don’t be nervous, you are at good contact. We are able to arrange this kind of services. Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at Mobile / Whatapp +84 865 128 855.
- What is the next step when i receive visa approval letter?
Please see below brief instructions for visa on arrival once you receive visa approval letter:
1. Print it out and show it to the airline check in desk. Its proof that you will receive a visa when you land in Vietnam.
2. Upon arrival at airport, submit your passport (the one on the visa letter), visa approval letter, 01 photo size passport, entry-exit form completed to “Landing visa / Visa on arrival counter” at airport. It is located before passport control area. Then wait for the officer to process your documents, this may take a while.
3. Be ready to get your passport back with visa. Make sure you have cash on hand to pay visa stamping fee.
4. Immigration officer will then return your passport (with Vietnam visa stamped on it) and give you a receipt.
With Vietnam visa ready, you then do passport clearance to enter the country.
- Can i do visa extension while my visa expire?
It is possible to extend your Vietnam visa while you are in Vietnam. But the time and fee depending on your current visa. You need to apply it 7 – 10 working days before the expiration of your current visa.
Documents required: * Original valid passport with at least 2 blank pages; * It takes 7 – 10 working days to process; * Your adress in Vietnam
Send us copy of current visa to email@example.com then we will send you the confirmation before applying.
- Which airports in Vietnam to get visa on arrival?
With Vietnam Visa on arrival, visitors to Vietnam will get their Vietnam visa stamped at the Vietnam Airports.
• Hanoi city – Noibai International airport
• Ho Chi Minh city (Ex-Saigon) – Tan Son Nhat international airport
• Da Nang city – Da Nang internation airport
• Nha Trang city – Cam Ranh International airport
• Phu Quoc island – Phu Quoc international airport
• Hai Phong – Cat Bi international airport
Thus, it is applicable to air travelers only, not land or sea travelers. However, you are free to exit at any port / border gate.
- What if I change my arrival airport in Vietnam?
It does not matter at all.
As the Visa approval letter (to pick up visa on arrival) works at all 6 international airports of Vietnam (Noi Bai in Hanoi, Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Da Nang in Da Nang, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa, Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City, Phu Quoc in Phu Quoc island, , you can switch your arrival airports among them and get the visa stamped without problems.
Should you need further assistance or need more information, please feel free to get in touch with us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile / Whatapps +84 865 128 855. We are always at your service. Welcome and have a nice journey to Vietnam!.