How to apply visa on arrival
Before apply for a visa to Vietnam, you need to do below check list:
- Valid passport: your current passport valid for at least 6 months after arrival date in Vietnam) and must have at least one blank visa page.
- Check if you need a visa to Vietnam or you are in the list of visa exemption.
Normally, almost visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Except citizens of somes countries that have Vietnam visa exemption arrangements with Vietnam as below list:
- 14 days visa exemption: Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar.
- 15 days visa exemption: Germany, United Kingdom (not included British National Oversea (BNO) passport holder), France, Italy and Spain, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Belarus, Russia (Federation), South Korea, Japan (*).
- 21 days visa exemption: Philippines.
- 30 days visa exemption: Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan (Republic).
- Notes: Citizens from (*) countries wish to re-enter Vietnam under visa exemption program again, the second visit cannot be ealier 30 days from the first visit. Otherwise a Vietnam visa is required to enter the country.
If you are not from any of these countries or you want to visit Vietnam longer than authorized period of stay, you need to get a visa for Vietnam before your travel.
4 easy steps away to get your visa
Step 1 – Fill out visa application form
Get started by filling out the secure online form. This step is necessary for obtaining an approval letter, which you will need to show upon arrival in Vietnam to get your visa stamp.
You are required to enter the exact personal information of each applicant(s):
- Full name as in passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival
- Type of visa
- Port of entry
Step 2 – Confirm and pay
Confirm correct details in visa application form and pay online. We accept most major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Basic fees for visa processing are as following:
- 1 month single entry: 18 USD
- 1 month multiple entries: 23 USD
- 3 month single entry: 28 USD
- 3 month multiple entries: 43 USD
As soon as you submit your application and make the payment, we will start processing your visa request.
For urgent or special visa application, you can see more at VISA FEES
Step 3 – Receive and print out visa approval letter
The visa approval letter will be sent to your email. The processing time is as of your choice: 2 – 3 working days for normal case. 1 working day for urgent request and 4 working hour for super urgent request.
Once you receive the visa approval letter, you prepare as below:
- Print out the visa approval letter
- Fill out entry / exit form (You can download here or get it at Vietnam airport on arrival)
- Prepare 01 photo size passport (4*6cm)
- Cash to pay visa stamping fee at airport in Vietnam.
You should put all things in a folder and take along with your original passport and you are ready to travel to Vietnam.
Step 4 – Get visa stamp at airport on arrival
When you land at one of six international airport in Vietnam (Noi Bai airport in Ha Noi, Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh, Da Nang airport in Da Nang, Cam Ranh airport in Nha Trang, Phu Quoc airport in Phu Quoc island, Cat Bi airport in Hai Phong), you will follow the sign to the counter “Landing visa” or “Visa on arrival”, you present all documents as prepared at Step 3 to Immgration officer et get visa stamp onto your passport.
Visa stamping fee for 2023
US$ 25 / pax for 1 month or 3 month single entry visa
US$ 50 / pax for 1 month or 3 month multiples entries visa
The stamping fee is paid in cash in either Vietnamese dong or US dollars, so be prepared to have the correct fee amount before you depart for Vietnam.
Get in touch
Should you need further assistance or need more information, please feel free to get in touch with us by email at: email@example.com or Mobile / Whatapps +84 865 128 855. We are always at your service. Welcome and have a nice journey to Vietnam!.